I grew up in an affluent and educated family. Despite being an over-achiever in my childhood and teens having a musical career & a PhD offered by one of the top universities in Germany at age of 25, my life path opened roads to me I never wished for. It gave me periods of utter rock bottom; years of unemployment, addiction, depression, living on social benefits to being homeless and poor to the point of not having food for days.
Here’s what I’ve learnt. And why I’d never regret having that past.
1. I built a great 6 figure online business from zero within 3 years! I learnt that how fast we can lose money, that’s how equally fast we can make it. And I also learnt that from having no network to support your business, you create one.
LIFE IS HERE FOR US TO CREATE IT.
2. Learning how to live on $10 for 1 month (instead of $$$$) is like learning how to ride a donkey after riding a horse. Today I have those $$$$ but I have a low budget of living costs.
WE DON’T NEED HALF OF WHAT WE THINK WE DO.
3. Having suffered, I opened my heart to others who suffer. So I invest with my income into helping others.
LIFE IS NOT FOR SELF-GRABBING. IT’S TO SHARE & HELP THOSE IN NEED.
4. Losing everything I had (people and things) forced me to look within and build the iceberg called me. This taught me that self-reliance is needed in order to be happy.
EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCE MIGHT CHIP AWAY THE TOP OF THE ICEBERG, INTERNAL STRENGTH HOLDS THE BOTTOM OF IT. UNTOUCHABLY.
5. In order to gain the life I wanted, I first need to become it. I needed to be love and wisdom itself (not looking for others to give that to me!).
Tibetan Buddhism and the Law of Attraction gave me the tools I needed. Buddhism opened the doors to become an author, online teacher of Buddhism, my amazingly wise husband and family, a totally new lifestyle in a new country.
WITHOUT SPIRITUAL GROWTH, WE ARE DEPENDANT ON PEOPLE, THINGS AND CIRCUMSTANCES TO MAKE US HAPPY. HOW CAN WE FEEL FREE THAT WAY?
6. Money is not what one needs to live a lifestyle they need. Self-assessment, self-awareness and flexibility combined with motivation and passion are all we need.
THINGS FALL INTO PLACE, ONCE WE BECOME A CLEAR LEADER OF OURSELVES.
7. One day you have it all, the next day all is gone. Have I enjoyed it when I had it? Nope. I looked into tomorrow too much.
TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO ONE. GIVE YOUR WHOLE HEART TO NOW AND HERE. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.
8. Have people not rejected me, have I not lost my jobs, money, social circles, home and food, I’d never realise my addictions and depression.
HARDSHIP IS HERE TO RIP YOUR HEART APART SO THAT WE CAN EXAMINE IT AND MEND IT INTO A WISER ONE.
I hope this inspired some who feel life is tough or those who think having things and people is all they need to have.
If you want to learn more about our Little School of Buddhism, visit our website.
Please share with like-minded friends who can benefit from my insights. I am passionate about raising awareness on how Buddhism and Transformational Coaching can help any modern person overcome low confidence, anxiety, anger or fear in the long term.
As always, I’m here for you if you have any questions. Jump on a call with me on +61 402 710 788 or drop me a line here for any questions about Little School of Buddhism.